22 August 2009

San Soo Gab San

There's a lot out there on the Internet about San Soo Gab San, a 24-hour Korean BBQ restaurant in North Chicago. If you're curious, check out this dorky-ass debate style video from Check Please. Or this homophobic dude-review from those ingratiating, fine fare loving douche bags at Chicago Gluttons. Or, for a little contrast, take a look at this explanatory note from Examiner. I don't have much to add to the various accounts of the place. I agree with them all. But I'll post some pictures I took while there recently just so that nobody has to go searching for better ones.

Despite the excellent food and exciting table-grill, it's sort of a depressing scene.


They will really serve you raw meat if you ask for it. Here's the beef.


And here's the beef next to nearly finished pork ribs.


G-D had a delicious Kirin Ichiban Shibori. I ordered an OB because I thought it was the Korean thing to drink. If you look closely, though, it's much less specific than that. OB stands for Oriental Brewery.


And finally, the best part of the meal... All the side dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment